Meet the committee- Mattia




How long have you been a member of show choir?

I’ve now been in Show Choir since 2011, which would make this my 5th year as a member (Ok, I took a year out because I lived in Spain for my Year Abroad) but I still think that classifies me as the longest standing member!

Favourite song we’ve ever performed?

Oh my, you can’t ask me that question! Ok I’m going to ignore the question and give you my top three:

1. Africa - Toto
2. Rolling in the Deep - Adele
3. The Greatest day – Take That

These are in no specific order, they were just both fun and emotional for me!

Best memory from your time at show choir

This one is tough. I think it must have been one of many impromptu moments when we all started singing a song all together at random (probably Bohemian Rhapsody) and everyone just joined in! And then obviously the people, you always meet great people.

When and why did you start to sing?

I started seriously singing when I was 11. I was actually forced into joining the junior choir by my music teacher at school and, well, I never stopped I guess.

Musical guilty pleasure

Michael Bublè, definitely!

If you could choose a song for us to perform, what would it be?

Certainly something by Bastille! – Maybe “Of the Night”

Glee or Pitch Perfect?

Glee. No match.

Hobbies outside of show choir:

I’m in the University Volleyball team, so Volleyball is definitely my other big hobby.

What’s your favourite musical?

Jesus Christ Superstar followed by Les Misérables, I know cliché!

Your top tip for freshers:

“Have fun this year, the next and the one after because, well, three years fly by”.

No comments